Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

¡Baila!


Cast a Spell, originally uploaded by Design.Her.

I have always found flamenco to be quite fascinating. The power, passion, and artistry that so many have put their souls into is something that is worthy of tremendous respect. However, I still haven't found my way to actually trying it. Lucky for me, my good friend Kris is a flamenco dancer, and she was kind enough to let me borrow her for an afternoon of photos.

We jaunted down to the New Mexico Hispanic Cultural Center and the historic neighborhood of Barelas to have our fun. The Cultural Center has been host to numerous flamenco, folklorico, and other dance performances, including one going on this week; so fitting in was no problem.

Kris was a wonderful model; and although she was still for most of the shots, I hope I get to see her in action soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment